About Case CLC
- Our teachers average 20 years of experience.
- 78% hold a master's degree or higher.
- First authorized IB PYP World School in Akron
Case CLC Programs:
- Case CLC is the first PYP IB World School in Akron Public Schools.
- We offer targeted interventions and academic support for students.
- Case CLC has a very active PTA.
- Case CLC also offers morning and afternoon preschool and Pre-K for 3-5-year-olds
Case CLC Mission:
The mission of Case CLC is to prepare children to become life-long learners, ready to explore and respect the diversity of all people.
History of Case CLC
The original Case Elementary School was constructed in 1957, and a major addition was built in 1963. The school is named in honor of Anne T. Case (1880-1966), the first woman president of the Akron Board of Education. She became a member of the Akron Board of Education in 1934 and served 24 years. Case was active in other community organizations. She served as president of the YWCA, Summit County Federation of Women's Clubs, and Akron Council of Home and School League (the latter was the forerunner of the present Akron Council of Parent-Teacher Associations). She was also a member of the City Recreation Commission.